THE DESOTO TAIL-WAGGER POLICY
ACCEPTANCE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The DeSoto will allow one dog up to 35 pounds per standard guest room under the following guidelines:
1. A non-refundable cleaning fee of $150.00, will be assessed per room. Cleaning fee will cover a comprehensive cleaning, including removal of dog hair or odor and carpet shampoo, post departure.
2. Additional charges may apply depending on damage or additional cleaning that is required. Fee will be assessed, guest will be notified and charged according to the discretion of our Housekeeping Department. If the hotel is unable to rent the damaged room due to needed repair, the registered guest listed below shall be responsible for the lost room revenue. Should you have a balcony room, dogs are not permitted on balconies for their safety.
3. Dogs must be on a leash at all times while walking within the hotel premises and must remain on the first floor. Dogs are not allowed inside food service areas or the pool deck. However, they are allowed on Edgar’s P&P patio for dining.
4. At all times, dogs must be under the supervision of the owner and shall not be left unattended outside of the guest room. Dogs must be in a crate when left alone in the room.
5. Housekeeping services must be scheduled in advance at a time when the dog is not in the room or when the owner is present.
6. If the dog barks, makes other noises resulting in cause of other guest complaint(s), The DeSoto reserves the right to have the owner take the pet to a boarding facility. Relocation of the dog will be at the owner’s expense.
7. Any injury caused by the dog to any guests or employees will be the responsibility of the individual signing this form and pet owner. In the event such injury should arise, The DeSoto nor MHI Hospitality, LLC will not be held responsible.
Additional information for you and your tail wagger
We welcome you and your family to The DeSoto! You will find that Savannah is a dog-friendly city, there are several outdoor parks for you to enjoy with your loved one. Madison Square is located just behind the hotel and may be a good pit stop for your excursion and if you need bags just stop by our front desk on your way out.
There are several businesses, restaurants, bars & coffee shops with outdoor spaces designed for you and your companion Enjoy a walking tour or Old Savannah Trolleys (up to 25 pounds), and some historic sites such as the Round House Railroad Museum, Fort Pulaski also welcome pets. And of course, several shops for treats for the both of you!
If you are feeling a little lost or have questions, please see our Sotherly Host.
Here’s a list to get you started!
Woof Gang Bakery Bull Street
141 Bull St
The Black Dog General Store
211 W River St
422 Whitaker St
Savannah Clothing Co
1 Bull St
Savannah Belle Boutique
206 E Bay St
34 Barnard St
Little Duck Diner
150 E. St. Julian St.
202 W Broughton St
Edgar’s P&P – Patio
1st floor lobby of The DeSoto
The Collins Quarter
151 Bull St or Forsyth Park
Six Pence Pub
245 Bull St
The Funky Brunch Café
304 E Broughton St
300 Drayton St
1 W. Liberty